. You compete, | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
ldh2013
ldh2013 Feb 3 '16
ANAHEIM, Calif. Germany Soccer Jersey . -- The Los Angeles Angels had to sit through a long, depressing plane ride home after giving up Nick Swishers game-ending grand slam in Cleveland. Garrett Richards made sure the Angels disappointment didnt even last a day. Richards pitched six innings of four-hit ball, David Freese drove in two runs, and the Angels beat the Texas Rangers 7-3 on Friday night for their seventh win in eight home games. Josh Hamilton and Erick Aybar had RBI singles in the fifth inning as the Angels opened a six-game homestand with just their fourth win over the AL West-rival Rangers in their last 18 meetings. Richards latest outstanding start and a balanced offensive effort were an appropriate cure for the Angels, who lost four of six on their road trip -- capped by Swishers theatrics -- after a prolonged stretch of outstanding play. "Its a good bounce-back game," Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. "We had a tough game and a long flight, but we came back with a lot of energy." C.J. Cron homered in the third, and Hamilton and Howie Kendrick scored on Brad Snyders throwing error in the fourth inning as the Angels built a 7-1 lead against Joe Saunders, who remained winless in six starts for Texas. Richards (7-2) needed a career-high 119 pitches, but still struck out seven and didnt allow an extra-base hit while shutting down another opponent in his breakthrough season. He has yielded just two earned runs in 27 innings over his last four starts after giving up only Andrus third-inning RBI single to Texas. "It was nice to be able to get stretched out a little bit," Richards said of his record pitch count. "My arm feels good. As long as I dont give up many runs, its all right." Not everything went perfectly for the Angels: Mike Trout went 0 for 3 with a walk, snapping his 13-game hit streak, the second-longest of his career. The Angels steadily built a lead against Saunders (0-3), who gave up 10 hits and three walks while losing for the fourth time in five starts against his former team. The left-hander began his major league career in Anaheim and spent parts of six seasons with the club. "It wasnt my best, lets put it that way," Saunders said. "Honestly, it was kind of a battle from pitch one. I felt like I was just a tick off all night long. ... I made some good pitches and they still made me pay for it." Michael Choice homered and Elvis Andrus extended his hitting streak to 10 games for the Rangers, who have lost three straight. Texas had an early lead after Leonys Martin walked, stole second, advanced on a wild pitch and scored on Andrus single in the third. Cron replied later in the inning with his fourth homer of the season, an impressive shot into the elevated right-field stands. Hamilton walked and advanced on Kendricks double in the fourth, and both runners scored when Snyder fielded Aybars grounder and threw it past catcher Robinson Chirinos to the backstop. Snyder has been an outfielder for most of a career spent largely in the minors, but he is learning on the job at first base for a club missing injured star Prince Fielder. "That was a big situation," Snyder said. "I feel terrible doing that to Joe, but Im going to keep working and try and pick him up next time." Freese then showed signs of emerging from his season-long slump with an RBI single, just the second run-scoring hit in 77 at-bats since May 25 for the longtime St. Louis third baseman. Trout and Albert Pujols walked and scored on singles in the fifth, and Freese drove in Hamilton moments later to chase Saunders. NOTES: Los Angeles recalled versatile INF Grant Green from Triple-A Salt Lake before the game, and he replaced Pujols in the sixth inning for his first major league appearance at first base. Green batted .359 in 22 games with the Angels earlier this season, but was sent down for a lack of playing time. ... Trout struck out looking in his first two at-bats, leading to an animated conversation with home plate umpire Chad Fairchild. Trout leads the Angels with 73 strikeouts. ... The Angels are 11-4 in Richards starts this season and 28-29 in other pitchers starts. ... Ben Rowen, the Rangers submarining right-handed reliever, pitched 3 1-3 innings of one-hit relief in his third major league appearance. He is from nearby Rancho Palos Verdes. Mesut Ozil Germany Jersey . LOUIS - The Cincinnati Reds bullpen continues to struggle. Benedikt Howedes Jersey .Mouaad Madri fired Ajaccio to a 1-0 victory over Montpellier while Creteil won 2-0 at Lens with goals from Jean-Michel Lesage and Ludovic Genest.London, England (SportsNetwork.com) - Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo returned to practice on Thursday for the first time since suffering a back injury 10 days ago. As he usually does, Romo missed Wednesdays session as the Cowboys began preparations for this Sundays game against Jacksonville in London. He has skipped most Wednesday practices this season as part of his regular schedule to ease the workload on his surgically repaired back. Romo, who underwent surgery for a herniated disc in his back late last year, again injured his back in the third quarter of an overtime loss to Washington on Oct. 27, although he did return for the final series of regulation and Dallas lone possession of overtime. The Cowboys initially said Romo had a contusion, but further tests eventually revealed two transverse process fractures. The transverse process is a small bony projection off the right and left side of each vertebrae. Like any injury, we have to get out test it out and see what you can do, push it a little bit, said Romo, who indicated he still has soreness and will continue treatment each day. At the same time, you have to be smart. Romo missed last Sundays game against Arizona and Brandon Weeden struggled in a 28-17 loss to the Cardinals. Bastian Schweinsteiger Jersey. After Romo took part in the Cowboys meetings and walk-through at the hotel on Wednesday, Weeden took the first-team reps in practice. Weeden would again be the starter on Sunday if Romo is unable to play, but Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones expects his three-time Pro Bowl quarterback to be on the field. Im anticipating him playing, theres no reason to think that he wont, said Jones on Thursday. My expectations are for him to play. Romo was in pads while speaking with the media on Thursday and didnt appear comfortable, looking stiff at the podium. He didnt give any indication as to whether he would play on Sunday, saying only he would be taking a day-by-day approach. Its improving each day, he added. I think if we do something positive each day, theres a good chance. If youre always waiting until you feel great to play, youll only play a couple of games a year. You compete, you go play. Theres guys who are banged up every week and go play. No one cares (if youre hurt) when you step out on the field on Sunday, you just go out and play. If Romo is unable to play Sunday, hell have extra time to rest with the Cowboys on their bye next week. cheap jerseys cheap jerseys cheap nfl jerseys Ray Ban Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Sale Cheap Michael Kors ' ' ' 

Mobile Game News

Video Game News

No content