Darrelle Revis sat courtside Friday | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
ldh2013
ldh2013 Feb 19 '16
WASHINGTON - With his Wizards leading the Heat by 15 after two quarters, 37-year-old Paul Pierce implored his younger teammates to put the game away. Nike Roshe One NM BR Baratas .Well, Paul had a joke at halftime, said point guard John Wall. He said: Let me get a rest. Lets get it to like 25, so I can take a break.Wizards coach Randy Wittman offered a simple message, too, asking his players to focus at one particular end of the court.I said, Its the first team that really comes in and turns the screws defensively, Wittman said.Both Pierce and Wittman got what they wanted. Wall ran the offence to perfection, scoring 18 points and 13 assists, Washington held Miami to 0 for 12 on 3-point tries in the second half, and the Wizards beat the Heat 107-86 on Wednesday night.Probably our best game, from start to finish, said Wittman, whose team improved to 11-5.Rasual Butler scored 23, and Marcin Gortat added 15 points and 10 rebounds for the Wizards, who never trailed and led by 21 in the first half and 25 in the second.Whether its the schemes, whether its 1-on-1, they picked us apart, said Chris Bosh, who led Miami with 21 points.Dwyane Wade had 20 in his second game back from an injured right hamstring. A night earlier, Wade returned after missing seven games and scored 27 points in a victory at New York.Wade offered a frank assessment of Miamis failure to slow down Washington.I dont think weve gotten to the defence weve wanted all year, Wade said. Were still fairly new; a lot of the guys are still confused at what were trying to do.They werent much better on offence in the second half, shooting 32.4 per cent on field-goal attempts, missing all 12 of their 3-point attempts.The Heat came into the game leading the NBA in 3-point shooting at 38.6 per cent, but they made only 9.1 per cent this time, 2 for 22. They opened the game 0 for 8 on 3s, until Bosh made one with about six minutes left in the first half.The only other successful 3-pointer for Miami was by Norris Cole with 10.9 seconds left in the first half.We did a good job of staying home and getting a hand in their face, Wittman said. They missed some, too. It wasnt all us. They had some pretty good looks they missed.The Wizards went 10 for 19 on 3-pointers, including 7 for 7 while taking a 64-49 lead at halftime. That marked a season-best for a first half by Washington.___TIP-INSHeat: Shabazz Napier finished 0 for 5 on 3-pointers, Mario Chalmers was 0 for 4, Luol Deng and Shawne Williams were both 0 for 2, Bosh and Cole were both 1 for 3, and three players missed one attempt each.Wizards: Washington improved to 7-2 at home. ... The Wizards previous high point total for a first half this season was 57 points against Detroit on Nov. 12. ... Nene sat out his fourth consecutive game with an injured right foot.BUTLERS BIG NIGHTButler began his career with the Heat after getting chosen in the second round of the 2002 NBA draft.They let him go, Gortat observed. What other motivation (do) you need?HEAT GRADEBosh was asked what grade hed give the Heat, who dropped to 9-8 in their first season since LeBron James departed for Cleveland.I dont know. Thats not my position. Im not a teacher. We deserve our record, Bosh said. Im never legitimately concerned until youre in a very compromising position. And were not in a compromising position right now. Were just working out the kinks.UP NEXTHeat: Host the Hawks on Wednesday.Wizards: Host the Lakers on Wednesday.___Follow Howard Fendrich on Twitter at http://twitter.com/HowardFendrich Nike Roshe One NM BR . Matt Carkner got back into the Ottawa lineup, and made his presence felt right away by settling his clubs score in a one-sided fight with Rangers forward Brian Boyle. Nike Roshe One Hyperfuse .C. - Even as the lead quickly grew to four goals, Matt Martin and the New York Islanders never felt comfortable.ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Orlando Magic have seen much more misery than celebration this season. But with one of the NBAs best teams and its top scorer in town, the Magic made the most of a rare opportunity to enjoy the latter. Tobias Harris slammed home a fast-break pass from Maurice Harkless at the buzzer to give the Orlando Magic a 103-102 victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Friday night. With the Thunder leading 102-101 in the closing seconds, Kevin Durant missed a jumper to set up the last-second play, which was reviewed by officials and upheld. Rookie Victor Oladipo, who had grabbed the rebound on Durants miss with 2.9 seconds left and passed ahead to Harkless to start the break, pounded his chest after the play and screamed "This is our floor!" as the crowd roared. "I saw Victor get the (rebound) and I just wanted to be down there, whether or not he shot a layup or if he made it, congratulate him, to get a tip-in -- anything," Harris said. "But he kicked it to Mo and I just kept running. Mo saw me and my whole momentum was just to get it in the rim." Harris led the Magic with 18 points, followed by Arron Afflalo with 16. Orlandos bench outscored the Oklahoma Citys 36-23. The win gives the Magic their first four-game home winning streak in two years. It also snaps the Thunders five-game winning streak in the series. "I was drawing up our defensive strategy unless they had point-something left on the clock," Magic coach Jacque Vaughn said. "But well take it." Durant led the Thunder with 29 points and 12 assists. Serge Ibaka added 26 points. The loss was just the second in 14 games for Oklahoma City. Durants points and assists accounted for half of his teams points in the first half. But he scored just 12 points on 5-for-13 shooting in the second half. He was 1 for 7 in the fourth. "We couldnt do anything (in the second half). We were just a step slow," Durant said. "We kept running the same plays. We didnt help on the back side. We let guys cut to basket. ... There were just mental breakdowns." The Magic made eight of their first 11 shots to starrt the third quarter and trailed by eight entering the fourth. Nike Roshe Run Flyknit Baratas. Vaughn said before the game that the matchup would turn on whether the Magics second unit could outplay the Thunders bench. His prediction came true. Without their starters on the floor, the Magic kept their third-quarter momentum going by scoring the first eight points of the final period to cut the Thunders lead and tie it at 88-all with just over 9 minutes to play. Durant was re-inserted into the game and promptly put his team back in front with a jumper from the wing. The Magic kept coming, though, and took their first lead, 91-90, on a pair of free throws by Harris at the 7:59 mark. The game stayed tight and was tied at 99 when Durant came down on the break and found Thabo Sefolosha in the corner for a 3-pointer with 1:56 left. Glen Davis drew an offensive foul and on the ensuing possession Afflalo was fouled on a 3-point attempt with less than a minute to play. He hit two of his three attempts to trim the gap to 102-101 and set up the final sequence. The Thunder hovered above 70 per cent shooting early on and led by as many as 17 points in the first half. The Magic hung around, shooting 52 per cent themselves for the half. But they couldnt match Oklahoma Citys 8-for-12 shooting from 3. The Thunder also had 17 assists. But the Magic held them to just 37 points in the second half. "We came in at halftime and watched the film and talked about how we could help ourselves," Vaughn said. "There were numerous possessions in the first half where we could have been in better places ... and we did that in the second half and that was the difference." NOTES: The Magic honoured former players Sam Vincent and Jeff Turner, along with former team executive John Gabriel as part of their 25th anniversary season celebration. ... Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Darrelle Revis sat courtside Friday. Model Kate Upton also was in attendance, sitting on the baseline alongside Detroit Tigers pitcher Justin Verlander. ... A Magic season-ticket holder won $10,000 during a timeout promotion by hitting a free throw, layup and 3-pointer within 24 seconds. wholesale jerseys cheap jerseys cheap nfl jerseys wholesale jerseys cheap soccer jerseys wholesale jerseys wholesale jerseys cheap nfl jerseys china ' ' ' 

Mobile Game News

Video Game News

No content